CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:47:03 -0400

Hi Yang,

Looks like very tissue oriented so far. How about extending to
subcellular features - maybe combine with what these papers are doing
(the 2010 paper has ImageJ plugins at
http://www.cytoo.com/cytoo_images_analysis.php   ... though the cytoo
web page is boring compared to their www.CELLebrate.fr ):

Duong T, Goud B, Schauer K. Closed-form density-based framework for
automatic detection of cellular morphology changes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U
S A. 2012 May 29;109(22):8382-7.  PubMed PMID: 22586080; PubMed Central
PMCID: PMC3365204.

Schauer K, Duong T, Bleakley K, Bardin S, Bornens M, Goud B.
Probabilistic density maps to study global endomembrane organization.
Nat Methods. 2010;7(7):560-6. Epub 2010 May 30. PubMed PMID: 20512144.

Hopefully Prof. Schauer can send you full resolution data from cells on
micropatterns (and.or you can buy some micropattern coverglasses and
image on a CHLA confocal).

You are doing three color analysis now, can you extend this to 10plex?
42plex?

George
p.s. please say hello to Rex for me and please send me the paper or a
link to it when it is online.