CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
tarik haydar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 15:33:00 -0400
Hi there folks,

I was wondering whether any of you could give me some tips for using
potentiometric dyes.  We are gearing up to image live cells in slices
that are 300 microns thick using either confocal or 2PLSM.  Ideally, we
would like to have double-labeled cells (the one label in addition to
the potentiometric dye either red or green, doesn't matter).  Parameters
I'm interested in controlling at the outset are:
depth of dye penetration
range of membrane potential
duration of staining
calibration issues
etc.

I know there are a new generation of dyes which have emerged recently
... any experimentally-determined pros and cons of each?

Thanks in advance,
Tarik

--
Tarik Haydar, Ph.D.