CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

From:
mvox software <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 12:45:20 -0500
Dear readers,

This posting is a (commercial) request for opinions. I hope this
do not violate any rules of this mailing list.

I have previously developed the software package Mvox for
visualization and editing/classification of 2-3D images.
(See http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~mvox/) Currently Mvox is only
available on SGI Unix computers, but I have been considering
porting the software to the PC platform.

Before I throw myself into numerous sleepless programming nights,
I would like to gain some feedback from the possible users of
the ported software:

Q: What is the interest in the confocal community for a
   Windows/95-NT version of Mvox ? (95 or NT ? )

Q: Would Windows/95-NT users buy 3D accelleration cards for
   their PC's ($2-3,000) or would they just use ordinary PC's ?

Q: Are people considering buying SGI O2's instead of PC's ?

Q: In general, what features are essential for the confocal
   community (eg. Image editing, image classication, stacking
   2D contours into 3D structures, volume visualization,
   iso-surface visualization, measurements, ...) ?

I appreciate whatever suggestions you might have.

Sincerely,

    Morten Bro-Nielsen, Mware

--
                              ,,,