CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2005

From:
Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:22:41 -0700

Elaine,

It depends on the species.  Tobacco epidermal cells seem more forgiving
than anything in Arabidopsis.

If you find a way to get it in to cells, that would be nice to know.
Infiltration (similar to Agro) is okay, but odd things happen very
quickly and we have not worked out the problem.  There seems to be
window where you have nice labeling to when the cells suddenly become
impossible to image.

Actually, it's such a pain that we've decided to just use GFP whenever
possible.  This is important as we do not have a meta floating around.
Of course if your trying to image GFP and mitos separately, that's
another problem...  We have not had luck with BFP or CFP as the cell
walls are very bright in that spectra.  With the addition of those darn
chloros, anything beyond 560nm is impossible.

In any case, if you come across anything please share.

Christian

"But ye gotta know *where* ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush
in *anywhere*. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."
        -- Feegle tactics