CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

From:
Colin Macqueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 1994 12:03:04 +1000
We also have a Newport Vibration Isolated table under our confocal
microscope. However it is the high centre of mass creating a "hunting"
problem which we can only just rectify by pressure and valve needle
adjustments. Would buying the heavier duty Newport table have minimised
this problem?  Vis a vis Peter McHardy's point we have reduced vibration to
the laser unit from the attached heat exhaust piping by inserting a thick
but flexible material sleeve between the exhaust port on the laser head and
the exhaust duct. We have also suspended the exhaust piping from heavy duty
rubber bands in an attempt to introduce a damping effect on any vibrations
being transmitted to the laser head.
                yours, Colin

The Hielander
Colin Macqueen      [log in to unmask]
Confocal Facility   The University of Queensland