CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2000

From:
Haixin Xu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:40:51 -0400
Hi Shea,
If you just want to watch fungal growth on plant (leaf) surface, there are two
ways using regular microscopy with DIC optics. First, you can use leaf vien
(Heath et al., 1997 New Phytol. 135:689-700); or if you are interested in the
leaf surface of stomatal area you may like to try the method discribed by Xu
and Mendgen (1991 Can. J. Bot. 69: 2279-85) in living condition.

Haixin Xu (Ph.D.)
Botany and Plant Pathology
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824