CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
cruz hinojos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:13 -0500

On further thought. I think your understanding of the term multiplex is
more correct. The term itself confers a multiplicative aspect as
demonstrated in the DAPI example given earlier. The addition of more
colors without further measurements would be additive, not
multiplicative. Multiplex data generation comes from the application of
cell morphological identification and measurement algorithms that can
be applied to both automated and manual imaging.

Cruz