CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
"MODEL, MICHAEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:08:06 -0400
In my experience, when everything works properly, laser scanning DIC or bright field can be about as good as with normal illumination. Not sure why, since the condenser (which serves as an objective in this case) has a much lower NA, 0.55 on our scope. Maybe the absence of chromatic aberrations with monochromatic illumination partially compensates for NA?

Mike