CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2023

From:
Chad Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2023 23:24:25 +0000
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Hi Hillary

These joysticks are unfortunately not very long lasting and we are on our 3rd in 12 years for our confocal. The last one became very loose and the stage would drift to one side if the stick was allowed to lean. The replacement cost from Zeiss was AU$2000 for our latest one in 2021 and was easy to swap out.

You are welcome to the old one if you would like as it still works to control the stage apart from the above issue. I would recommend getting a new one though.

Chad