CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:59:14 -0600
For Nyquist as I heard it, you want to sample at a minimum of twice
the spatial frequency of the smallest detail of interest (to you).
Note this is the *minimum* for resolving the detail at all.  I suspect
the three times factor you suggested is to improve on this.  Usually
it is a matter of fiddling with the pixel size you get an 'acceptable'
image by your own standards.  Since your microscope is not an ideal
system rules like this "are more 'guidelines'", to quote Captain Jack
Sparrow. @:-)

Craig