CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2004

From:
Arthur Schuessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:31:26 +0200

there is a 20x multi-immersion lens from Leica, which - as far as I
remember - can be continuously corrected from oil -> glycerol -> water ->
"dip in"
Maybe I am wrong, but I think this is right ...
Arthur

At 16:41 26.07.2004, you wrote:
>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Hello All,
>
>We need a new objective lens for our 2P setup and I'm trying to figure out
>which one to buy. It looks like I have to go for a compromise in one way or
>the other since there is no high-NA dip-in-lens from Leica with a
>magnification of 20x to 40x. (We have a Leica SP2-MP with a Coherent Mira
>900 Laser.)
>
>Currently I'm considering 2 options and I wonder if someone out there knows
>about other suitable lenses (or can comment on the two I'm considering):
>
>1) the best from Leica I have used so far for 2P:
>"HCX PL APO 63x/1.20 W Corr/- CS" (Prod-Nr from Leica is 506139)
>
>Good objective! But no real dip in, and 63x which is not very useful for
>large tissue specimen.
>
>2) the Olympus "XLUMPLFL 20xW NA 0.95 WD 2.0": It's a great objective but
>doesn't really fit the Leica optics very well (significant chromatic
>aberrations which makes it not very useful for multi-labeled specimen -
>that's what I heard, I didn't really have an opportunity to test that
>myself).
>
>Any comments or recommendations are VERY welcome!
>
>Thanks very much in advance!
>
>Olaf
>

>--

>| Dr. Olaf Selchow                                                    |
>| Central Imaging Facility - Microscopy & Image Analysis              |
>| Institute of Cell Biology and Immunology  - SFB 495                 |
>| University of Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany   |
>| T: +49 711 685 8209, F: +49 711 685 7484                            |
>| email: [log in to unmask]                            |

Dr. Arthur Schuessler
Institute of Botany, FB10, TU Darmstadt
Schnittspahnstrasse 10
D-64287 Darmstadt