CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

From:
Sudipta Maiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:22:01 +0530

Dispersion also is not the full story, as non-linear frquency generation
cannot be compensated with "chirping". A rule of thumb is if you keep the
average power of an 80 fs, 80 MHz pulsetrain below 20 mW through a 15 cm
coupling fiber, you will get away with prechirping (or end up with 1ps
pulses, which may be acceptable under some circumstances). New holey
fibers may give you solitonic solutions to your problems (Gaeta
and coworkers,Science, Vol 301, Issue 5640, 1702-1704), but that may be
considered too exotic at the moment.
Sudipta