CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2002

From:
ray hester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:34:35 -0500

Greetings,

We are going to add a cooled CCD camera to the Leica DM RXE (upright) scope
that's part of our TCS SP2 confocal set-up.

Since money is an issue (we have only about $16,000 and we will have to buy
both a camera and software with that), the Retiga EX monochrome cooled CCD
camera from Q Imaging has been recommended to us along with Open Lab's
Darkroom software running on an iMac computer.  The software is going to be
used primarily to acquire fluorescence (e.g., DAPI/FITC/TRITC) images
(single color and overlays), as well as phase contrast, and save them as
TIFF files - and not to run the microscope.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this set-up - either the Retiga EX camera,
Darkroom software, or using the imac for this purpose?

Thanks.

Ray Hester
Univ. of South Alabama
Mobile, AL 36688