CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
Matthias Langhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 11:31:54 +0200

We have tried the Flash system and stopped using it due to different
reasons: It accumulated in mitochondria, and we could only reverse this by
using EDT or beta-mercaptoethanol, these treatments and the effects on
mitochondria were not compatible with long live cell imaging. The specific
staining we got was OK in terms of localization but very prone to
photobleaching and the signal to noise was clearly inferior to GFP.
Furthermore, we never succeeded in fixing the staining for EM, like
suggested in Tsiens publications.
Most of this is in press (Histochemistry and cell biology DOI
10.1007/s00418-005-0136-3).
Regards
Matthias
----------------------