CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2007

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:35:01 -0700

Spherical aberration caused by the index mismatch (air to glass) will
alter the apparent depth when making these sorts of measurements.
Unless you know the exact index of refraction of the glass you cannot
correct for this error when measuring thickness using a dry lens.
Even a wet or oil lens can have some error if the index of the glass
is not matched, but for dry lenses it is the worst as the index
difference is highest.

Craig