CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2013

From:
"Konz, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:47:44 -0400

Greetings everyone:

New England Cytometry is pleased to announce the date for our annual Fall meeting.  It will be on November 5th, 2013 from 8:00 am to 5 pm at the beautiful Starr Center at the Schepens Eye Research Institute in Boston.
http://www.schepens.harvard.edu/starr_center

8:00 am - 9:00 am
Registration and Breakfast

9:00 am - 9:15 am
Richard Konz
President; New England Cytometry
“Introduction and notes”

9:15 am – 10:00 am
C. Bruce Bagwell, MD
President
Verity Software House
Http://www.vsh.com

10:00 am – 10:45 am
Patricia Fitzgerald-Bocarsly, Ph.D
Professor, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
New Jersey Medical School
http://njms2.umdnj.edu/gpthnweb/bocarsly.html

10:45 am – 11:30 am
Alan Waggoner, Ph.D
Director, Molecular Biosensor and Imaging Center
Carnegie Mellon University
http://www.cmu.edu/bio/faculty/waggoner.html

11:30 am – 12:15
Paul Wallace, Ph.D.
Director, Department of Flow and Image Cytometry
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
https://www.roswellpark.org/paul-wallace

12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
Lunch and open vendor exhibits - Please visit our vendors who support our meetings.

1:15 pm – 2:00 pm
Peter Hansen
Chief Science Officer and Co-Founder
PointCare
http://www.pointcare.net/index.php/company/37-pointcare-main-pages/257-management

2:00 pm  – 2:45 pm
Filippos Porichris, Ph.D
Research Fellow
Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard
http://connects.catalyst.harvard.edu/Profiles/display/Person/83293
Sponsored by eBioscience

2:45 pm – 3:15 pm
Afternoon Break - Please visit our vendors who support our meetings.

3:15 pm – 4:00 pm
John [Jack] Dunne, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President, Science and Technology
Owl Biomedical
http://www.owlbiomedical.com/welcome.html
Sponsored by Miltenyi Biosciences

4:00 pm - 4:45 pm
Jonathan Irish, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in the Department of Cancer Biology
Vanderbilt University
https://my.vanderbilt.edu/jonathanirish/
Sponsored by DVS

4:45 pm – 5:00 pm
Howard Shapiro, M.D., PC.
http://www.shapirolab.com/
“Closing remarks”

We will look forward to see you on the 5th of November.

Please check our web site for meeting updates  http://www.newenglandcytometry.com

BIG NEWS!!!

We have online credit card registration.  Many thanks to Glenn Paradis and Marc Barnard for all their hard work to get secure online credit card registration up and running.

To register go to:

http://newenglandcytometry.com/ and register as a participant.  [$75.00]

Registration is due no later than  31 October, 2013.     If you cannot register with a credit card, please contact me directly.

This promises to be another great NECyto meeting with a terrific line up of speakers at an excellent venue.

Best regards and looking forward to see you on the 5th of November!

-Rich

Richard F. Konz, Jr.
President, New England Cytometry
http://www.newenglandcytometry.com
Assistant Professor
Department of Medicine
Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility
UMass Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North
Room: S5-322
Worcester, MA 01655
Office:  508-856-1598
Lab:     508-856-3276
Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Lab Web:      http://www.umassmed.edu/facslab
Faculty Web: http://www.umassmed.edu/ivp/faculty/konz.cfm

The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before, the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat.
Jacques Yves Cousteau