CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1996

From:
"Jose A. Feijo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:07:57 -0500
Howdy confocalists:
We're trying to set-up a couple of experiments using the red-excitation line
of the Kr-Ar laser. There are a couple of questions that we would love to
know the answers:

1. Are red-excitable dyes from Molecular Probes easy to chemical attach to a
given secondary antibody? Any reference on protocols?

2. What would be the best choice for imuno-labeling among their offer?
Quantum efficiency is of special concern, since we're expecting some
background of auto-fluorescence.

3. Besides de red line of the confocal, has anyone tried these dyes with
regular epi-fluorescence (with apropriate filters, of course)? If yes, any
refs. or protocols?

Many thanks in advance for ANY help

Jose A. Feijo
Dep.Biologia Vegetal, Fac Ciencias de Lisboa
Campo Grande P-1700 Lisboa, Portugal
t. +351.1.7500069    fax +351.1.7500048
e.mail [log in to unmask]

morada temporaria/temporary adress:
Biology Dept., Univ. of Massachussets, Morrill Center III Amherst, MA 01003,
E.U.A.
t. +1.413.545.2698  fax +1.413.545.3243
e.mail [log in to unmask]