CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

From:
Charlie Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 1994 13:43:49 -0400
I also have no problem with these messages.  I would think that this ia a
experienced enough group to critically read vendor's messages for content,
and profit from the discussion, as long as the discussion stays with the
facts.  As Jack Webb said, "Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts".

Paragraph 1 (d) of the VoxBlast message is interesting to my work, and
I would appreciate reading further discussion (from anyone, including the
vendors) about the differences between the Resample X,Y,Z function in the
VoxelMath volume processing software and the "fractional interpolation"
technique used by VoxBlast.  I was under the assumption that the resampling
algorithm used by VoxelMath (the VoxelView pre-processing software) produced
a volume with essentially the characteristics of a non-integer 'Z' axis
interpolation.

I have often stated (perhaps incorrectly) to my colleagues that the
VoxelMath resampling algorithm is making the volume "isotropic for
measurement purposes".  Is this incorrect terminology?

Thanks in advance for this group's discussion.

CAPT A.C. Richardson, DC, USN      | "Almost anything you do will
Research Dept, Naval Dental School |     be insignificant,
Bethesda, MD 20889-5602            |  but it is very important that
Internet: [log in to unmask]  |     you do it."     - Gandhi