CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
Fred Mast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:57:08 -0700

Thank-you for all those who replied...

Yeast don't have a paracrystalline matrix core like other organisms,
however, it is packed with protein so it would have a higher
refractive index than it's surroundings. That being said, would it be
any different than using beads, which have a refractive index closer
to that of glass? Glen your point about homogenous distribution is a
good one. While I don't believe it to be an issue here (as the
peroxisome matrix of yeast is a homogenous compartment), I'm not
really sure how I would go about evaluating this...

Thanks again for the input,

Fred