CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1998

From:
Richard Hotchkiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:34:23 -0500
We are in the market for a color digital camera for our microscope.
Currently we have a Princeton instruments camera which is a great grey
scale camera but does not do real color. We are interested in getting a
camera which will provide photo quality digital images which will replace
our 35mm camera images ( on Kodak Royal Gold film). We have a lot of
hematoxylin and eosin stained slides which we want to get great true
color images of directly onto our computer.
We tried a camera from "Spot Diagnostics"-I think this is the correct
name. It was really good and we are quite interested in purchasing it.
There was one other camera which another lab bought which was not
acceptable in all cases--I believe the name was Pixera.
Does any one have experience with these instruments or similar ones?
Also, is there something new on the horizon? I heard about a CMOS image
sensor which is about to come out and it has a number of advantages over
existing hardware.
thanks
Richard Hotchkiss