CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2004

From:
Lloyd Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:11:39 +1200

Simon

We have a Leica TCS NT and upgraded the PC about 2 years ago. The upgrade
made a big difference to system performance. We purchased the upgrade from
Leica Microsystems after an initial attempt at replacing the PC ourselves
(which we couldn't get it to work). We also had to replace the
framegrabber. As I recall the PC is a P3 1.2 GHz with 512 Mb RAM - sorry I
don't know the bus speed.
Our microscope is the earlier model without the microprocessor controlled
scan head - I suspect this makes a difference.

Regards
Dr Lloyd Donaldson - Microscopist
Cellwall Biotechnology Centre
Forest Research,
Private Bag 3020, Rotorua, New Zealand
Ph 64 7 343 5581
Fax 64 7 343 5507
email [log in to unmask]

             simon watkins
             Sent by: Confocal         [log in to unmask]
             Microscopy List                                            cc
             <CONFOCAL@LISTSER
             V.BUFFALO.EDU>                                        Subject
                                       tcs nt upgrade.

             20/09/04 07:57

             Please respond to
                 Confocal
              Microscopy List
             <CONFOCAL@LISTSER
              V.BUFFALO.EDU>

Hi folks, has anyone upgraded the CPU on a Leica TCS-NT system to one of
the 3 isa slot super micro MOBO’s?  or to any other ISA equipped faster
than 340mHz  board it comes with?

If so I am sure there are many of us who would be interested in breathing
new life into one of these still perfectly functional scopes

Tx

Simon

Simon C. Watkins
Professor, Cell Biology and Physiology