CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2016

From:
Christopher Yip <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2016 22:24:00 +0000

For our lab,

the local image acquisition boxes (typically Windows machines) store data to a mounted network drive, which is located on a linux server set up with SSD’s - this data is backed up to a spinning disk server daily using custom rsync scripts

the spinning disk server is itself backed up to two other spinning disk servers again using rsync scripts (these are located in physically different locations)

the units themselves are running (typically) FreeNAS using ZFS so there is redundancy in case of drive failure

The only case for storage local to the actual workstation is for our SPIM rigs, in which case we use SSDs - those SSDs are backed up to the network server again using an rsync script under Cygwin

Chris