CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2016

From:
"Kilgore, Jason A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2016 22:31:23 +0000

** Vendor reply **

I just wanted to give a bit of input that the DyeCycle dyes are only validated for flow cytometry usage, not for imaging.

For flow, organellar localization and photobleaching are not as much of an issue, as long as there is the appropriate flow pattern is observed for distinguishing the cell cycle stages.

For microscopy and cell cycle, using mammalian cell lines, I would suggest the Premo FUCCI Cell Cycle Sensor, which is fluorescent protein based.

Best,

Jason

Jason A. Kilgore
Technical Application Scientist
Molecular Probes / EVOS Tech Support
Life Sciences Solutions

Thermo Fisher Scientific
29851 Willow Creek Rd.
Eugene, OR  97402-9132
1-800-955-6288 then option 4, then option 6, then option 2.
Or dial direct at +1 541 335 0353
www.lifetechnologies.com

This communication is intended solely for the individual/entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information.  Any unauthorized disclosure or copying is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.