CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Eric Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:13:01 +1000
>Has anybody out there any experience of fluorescent labelling of virus
>particles.
>Any information would be of help

Dear Mark,

We have had success with fluorescent labelled antibodies to our viruses but
if you don't have any Abs you might try biotinylating the virus then using
avidin/fluorescein or (if it's not too big) an avidin coated fluorescent
microsphere. We are about to try the latter ideas, I'll let you know if it
works!  Cheers,

Eric Hines
CSIRO Entomology
Canberra