CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2007

From:
Kurt Thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:15:28 -0800

Hi all -

I'm looking for some good review articles or books discussing fixing,
clearing, and mounting methods for confocal microscopy.  A lot of our
users are doing pretty simple things like mounting fixed and stained
tissue in vectashield.  This sometimes gives pretty good images, but
other users who use more elaborate techniques often get far better
results.  I've learned some pretty useful methods this way, and also
from reading the Handbook, but I figure (hope?) that there must be a
good reference on sample preparation for immunofluorescence in confocal
microscopy.  I'm primarily interested in preparation of tissue sections
and whole mounts (thick samples) but if there are good reviews on
preparation of thin samples I won't turn them down.

If you know of any good reviews, books, or other references on this
subject, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kurt

--