CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2004

From:
James Pawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:40:57 -0500

>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>dear listers
>we would like to use LD NIKON objectives (CFi
>Plan Fluor 10X and CFi Plan ELWD 20X) on an
>AxioVert200 Zeiss microscope Any comments on
>similar combination (convenience of an adapter,
>quality of transmission) would be helpful.
>Thanks
>
>Cécile</x-flowed>

As far as can be determined, John Ashcroft has
not yet defined this as a terrorist activity
but...

Why are you suggesting this?  The tube lens in
the Nikon is very different from that in the
Zeiss. It is extremely unlikely that you will get
diffraction limited performance at even a single
wavelength with this hybrid.

I doubt that anyone will die because you have
tried it but I don't hold out much hope for
success if you are looking for full optical
performance

Jim Pawley
Prof. James B. Pawley,                             Ph.  608-263-3147
Room 223, Zoology Research Building,               FAX  608-265-5315
1117 Johnson Ave., Madison, WI, 53706  [log in to unmask]
"A scientist is not one who can answer questions but one who can
question answers."  Theodore Schick Jr., Skeptical Enquirer, 21-2:39