CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 08:51:26 -0700
Dear Simon,
I've found a similar diagonal distortion of the PSF induced by the DIC
objective prism in our FV-1000/IX-81.   It is also apparent while
looking at 6 um beads.  Another reason  it should be pulled from the
light path whenever not collecting DIC, besides dropping the
fluorescent signal by a small amount.

Regards,
Glen
Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

The box said "Requires WindowsXP or better", so I bought a Macintosh.