CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:33:19 +1000

Quoting Javier Adur <[log in to unmask]>:

> We try to implement some algorithm such Linear Least Square and Iterative
> methods using MatLab package but we have some problems with size of 3D PSF
> and the numbers of stack images to deconvolution.
>
> Which itfs the best option (language programming) to implement
> deconvolution algorithms?

Why are you reinventing the wheel?  The FREE XCOSM package from
Washington University has both LLS and iterative algorithms, and
source code is available too if you want to see how it's done.
Of course it doesn;t have the sophistication or slick interface
of commercial programs but it doesn't sound as if you are looking
for that anyway.

At the moment their site seems to be down but you should be
able to track it down from: http://www.ibc.wustl.edu/bcl/

Guy Cox

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit, F09

Until 25th July:
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, PT-2780-156, Oeiras, Portugal.
+351 21 446 4638 (office) or +351 91 401 5726 (mobile)
Fax: +351 21 440 7970