CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1998

Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:53:09 EST
Don,
Just a quick note on video cameras.  You might check out our digital camera
web site   http://members.aol.com/dvcco

The DVC1300 is 1300 x 1030 pixels at 12 or 24 fps with shuttering out to
1/30,000th in one line increments per frame!!!!!  This is monochrome and
pixels can be binned vertically still maintaining Horz resolution... at 12
fps...at 24 fps it is 1300 x 512

In color.... DVC has the only color digital camera at 12 fps  RGB at >700 TV
Lines with no RGB tuneable filter involved which adds 60% loss to image ...
just direct photon to sensor using a bayer color pattern with same shuttering
speeds!
We were the hit of the Neuroscience show because we eliminated the light loss
by not using a noisey costly filter and because you could focus at the 12 fps
rate which for focusing is very nice/ beats the heck out of 1 frame every 4
seconds which most of you are used to.
By the way both mono or color cameras with this resolution can integrate out
to 10 seconds or more with no, or very little noise.....
This was the big surprise at Neruoscience show....Every micro person we talked
to was brainwashed into thinking they needed cooling to do integration.....
Let us know if we can help... DVC supplies the frame grabber boards also .
In color or mono the camera is $4995, and the board is $995.   A real Spot
killer with no drawbacks...All PDF Acrobat files and images in our image
gallery are available for download...For that price you can afford to get  a
mono and a color digital camera and the same inexpensive frame grabber is used
for both cameras, amazing...

Regards,

Richard Klotsche
DVC Company/ San Diego, Ca