CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2008

From:
Bill Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:46:41 -0400

An excellent freeware program for such manipulations is mplayer (and in its format manipulation mode, aka mencoder).  This is the most prominent open source easy video format encoding app.  It is native to Linux, but has ports to Windoze and MacOSX.  See:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

for the general page, and

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/projects.html#windows

for Windoze ports.

Because of the huge number of options, you need to read the documentation if you want to play with all the paramaters.  It is written for command-line control, but there are a number GUIs to act as more friendly front ends.  You also want to download the complete codec sets.

billo

billo
http://www.billoblog.com/billoblog