CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Michael Schell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:57:59 -0400
I suggest the mouse anti-GFP monoclonal clone 3E6.  It is sold by a
number of different vendors, including Molecular Probes.  It works great
for enhancing the GFP signal in PFA-fixed cells and tissues.

Michael

Michael J. Schell, Ph.D., CIV, USUHS
Assist. Professor
Dept. of Pharmacology
Uniformed Services University
4301 Jones Bridge Rd.
Bethesda, MD  20814-3220
tel:  (301) 295-3249
>>> Christophe Leterrier <[log in to unmask]> 10/05/09 10:20
AM >>>
Dear all,

Sorry for this non-confocal question, but I guessed some of you might be
able to recommend an anti-GFP antibody for immunocytochemistry. I want
label cultured cells that have been transfected with a GFP fusion
protein
(to enhance the GFP signal). I routinely use the Rockland anti-RFP for
the
same protein fused to mCherry, but now I would like to use the GFP
fusion
and the signal is a bit weak.

Thank you !

Christophe