CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2003

From:
shagufta rehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:33:37 +0100

 Hi,
    I am a Ph.D. student at the All India Institute of
Medical Sciences. I am working with the EGFP fusion
construct and monitoring it's expression with the
confocal microscope. My problem is that i'm getting
autofluorescence. I'm using HepG2 cells and DMEM
culture medium and i'm fixing the cells with 4%
para-formaldehyde. But instead of getting the
fluorescence only from the fusion protein,i'm also
getting from elsewhere in the slide. Could anyone of
you please let me know the reason of this
autoflourescence?

Thanking you,
Shagufta Rehman
AIIMS,New Delhi