CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1994

From:
Alan Hibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 1994 09:41:21 LCL
> Is there a simple way to have a running histogram on COMOS while acquiring
> an image on the BioRAD 600? This would make adjustment of gain and offset
> (black level) much simpler. Am I missing a basic control?

Yes, there is a very simple way using the LUT (color look up table) called
SETCOL. This color lookup table sets the highest level red, the lowest level
green and everything in between a blue/purple color. One can then easily
adjust the gain and black level to minimise the amount of red and green on
screen and then you know you have collected the best range. Note: you need
to set LUT to hold LUT if you want to collect live images using color.

All the best, Alan Hibbs.
Dr. Alan R. Hibbs                              FAX: 07 362 0104
Queensland Institute of Medical Research     Phone: 07 362 0416
PO Royal Brisbane Hospital                   email: [log in to unmask]
Herston, Brisbane, Qld., 4029
AUSTRALIA