CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

From:
Richard Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:47:32 +0000
>     Dale Callaham recently asked for information regarding our enhanced
>     PMT's.
>
>     These enhanced PMT's are offered as an upgrade to MRC-600 owners and
>     are fitted as standard to the MRC-1000 & MRC-1024.
>
>     Dale understands correctly that incident photons undergo multiple
>     internal reflections, hence increasing their probability of electron
>     generation.  This probability of electron generation is known as the
>     Quantum Efficiency (QE) and is increased by at least a factor of 1.7
>     from 490nm through to >800nm.  Indeed, the improvement factor reaches
>     a value of approximately 2.5 at 800nm.
>
>     The gain and dark current characteristics for both types of tube are
>     similar.
>
>     If anyone else would like the QE comparison curves (or the data) then
>     please contact me directly and I will forward them to you.
>
>     Best [log in to unmask]

Hello Duncan. Hows the fishing coming on?  [;-)
This was just something I was sent on my Email Confocal World discussion
group and I thought it may be of interest to you.
If you are interested in how to join this group let me know.
I receive at least 12 emals a day in reagrd to confocal.It would be a useful
tool to promote Bio-Rad confocals by placing positive emails in the group if
you see what I mean.

Best regards,
Richard