CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2006

From:
Randy Learish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:25:07 -0400

I must say that I continue to have problems with the Solent system.  I
cannot get it to maintain the pH of standard unbuffered cell culture media
overnight.  In this system, the 5% CO2 enters a humidification unit
(within the outer 37 degree chamber) and then is delivered to the working
head (the smaller sub-chamber that sits on the stage).  It's possible that
the CO2 is leaking out from under the working head or through the bottom
of the stage.  Currently, I am considering extreme measures to close the
system from below.
Evaporation can also be a problem with this system, especially during the
dry winter months.