CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1998

From:
Satyajit Mayor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:42:41 +0000
Dear Users,
I have a very specific question regarding reduction of autofluorescence
from serum and medium components used for culturing mammalian cells.

We have found that there is considerable autofluorescent material that
fluoresceses in the red region (590+ nm), and this interferes with
quantitation of fluorophors in this wavelength range whilst imaging
mammalian cells in culture. (eg CHO cells).

Some months ago I noticed a posting on the confocal list talking of using
some kind of anti-oxidant to reduce autofluorescence in cells in culture.
Does anyone remember the compound used and its mode of use?

Do reply if you have any ideas.
Thanks,

Dr. Satyajit Mayor                              Ph:  91 80 334-4062
National Centre for Biological Sciences                    334-5615
Post Box 1234,                                             334-3138
Bangalore 560012,                                          334-2816
India                                           Fax: 91 80 334-3851
E-mail:                                   [log in to unmask]