CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2003

From:
Oliver Prange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:01:06 -0500

Hello everyone.

Our lab is about to purchse a confocal system.
We will be mostly using it for live cell neuronal imaging (structure =
timelapse).  Also, 3-D recon. of life cell and of immunostained cells.
We narrowed it down to either a Olympus Fluoview FV300 or a Zeiss LSM 5 =
Pascal.
Both with comparable components.=20

1) First of all: Does anyone has any of the two systems? - Worked with =
them? Maybe even with both? - Can you recommend either? Can you help us =
finding a decision?
Your input (even the briefest) will be highly appreciated!!

2) Can you recommend any other system (Leica, Bio-Rad, Nikon) in this =
pricerange?

3) Another question: How does an MOTF compare to an AOTF =
performancewise?

Thank you very much for your input!!

Oliver
Oliver Prange, Ph.D.
Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research
2255 Wesbrook Mall
University of British Columbia
ph:  604-822-7601
fax: 604-822-7981