CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1998

From:
Anthony G Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 13:47:16 -0500
Is it possible that your flurochrome is self-shading?  Also, with DIC or
any other method you are likely to see less useful detail deeper into a
cell, than at the surface, because of the buildup of background
out-of-focus detail compared to the surface.  Unless a clearing agent is
used, this will just be a matter of thickness of the sample.  Birefringent
starch grains are of course a nuisance to any polarization based imaging,
like DIC.

*       Anthony Moss                    voice  (334)844-9257            *
*       101 Cary Hall                   fax    (334)844-4065            *
*       Zoology and Wildlife Science    email  [log in to unmask]  *
*       Auburn University                                               *
*       Auburn, AL 36849                                                *