CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2013

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2013 18:02:39 -0600

If the optics themselves are not damaged, I'm surprised Zeiss can't simply
take the lens apart, clean out the oil, then reseal it.  I have had some
luck getting liquids out of lenses by putting the lens in a vacuum bell for
a while.  If you are seeing oil inside the lens, either the front seal is
going/gone, or the oil is dripping down the lens to the spring-loaded part
(if your lens is spring loaded) and getting in there.

Craig