CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Sebastian Rhode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:51:59 -0500

Hi Stefan,

I might be wrong in your case, but I have seen quite a lot of systems, where
a rather thin dichroic introduces optical problems. Imagine the dichroic is
bend a bit due to its mounting along on axis. So this can lead to a curved
surface along one axis of the dichroic. But this curvature introduces a
focal length along on axis.

And finally those kind of things will "mess up" your otherwise perfect PSF.
To avoid we use 2mm substrates (TITF, FRAP, WF) inside the microscope or
even 5mm substrates for our dichroics inside our spinning disc system.

Cheers,  Sebi