CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1998

Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:01:32 +1000
Optiscan is a Melbourne based confocal microscopy development and
production company.  Having been awarded a major government grant to
further develop our unique miniature confocal endomicroscope, we now
require the services of talented people in the following fields:

Software Engineer - The general function of the software engineer is
to implement code and to maintain and document software components of
Optiscan products.

Specifically the person will implement in C++ the following types of
code:
*       NT
*       GUI
*       3D image processing
*       Data acquisition
*       Instrument control

Mandatory Qualifications:
*       A degree in some technical/scientific field with strong math's. A
post graduate degree would be preferred.
*       Practical C++ experience.
*       Excellent written and spoken English skills. (We will be FDA
approved and thorough documentation of the design process and the code
is mandatory.) The position encompasses communication with software,
firmware, electronic and mechanical engineers plus sales, marketing
and medical personnel.
*       Desire to work in a strictly object oriented company.
A great desire to learn and grow.

Mechanical Engineer - The general function of the mechanical engineer
is to design and have manufactured precision mechanisms that include
optical components.

Mandatory Qualifications:
*       A degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent practical
experience.
Excellent written and spoken English skills. (We will be quality
system approved and thorough documentation of the design process is
mandatory.) The position encompasses communication with software,
firmware and electronic engineers plus sales, marketing and end user
personnel.
Other Desirable Experience:
*       Design and development of precision instruments
*       3D CAD with SolidWork's
*       Innovative manufacturing processes
*       Optics

STO Electronics - The scope of the STO position is to support two
Electronic Engineer's in a design and development environment.

Mandatory Qualifications:
*       Extensive experience in a support role of Electronic Engineer's in a
design and development environment
*       Excellent written and spoken English skills. (We will be quality
system approved and thorough documentation of the design process is
mandatory.) The position encompasses communication with software,
firmware and electronic engineers plus sales, marketing, manufacturing
and end user personnel.
*       A great desire to learn and grow.

Other Desirable Experience:
*       Surface Mount repair and rework
*       Electronic Circuit Design
*       PCB and Schematic Electronic CAD
*       Practical experience debugging digital and analogue electronics
*       Transfer of designs to manufacturing
Product support to manufacturing

Optiscan is an equal opportunity employer.  Further details may be
obtained by contacting the undersigned.

Roger Wallis
General Manager
Optiscan P/L   Confocal Microscopy