CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1993

From:
Operator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1993 12:26:02 +0200
We are currently using a Biorad MRC-600 with a mixed gas laser that seems to us to be dying off a bit ahead of time. It has a total of 1,200 hours of use and the red line has disappeared and there is great losses of intensity on the other lines.
We have the feeling that this laser is slightly too young to be already leaving us, but we have been told that this kind of phenomenon is due to normal wearing of the laser tube.
Does anyone have a "long-term" experience with the argon-krypton laser and is the lifespan of the laser close to 1,200 hours?
Thanks for all information.
Bye, Eric Scarfone, Montpellier France.