CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2014

From:
Ana Gil-Bernabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2014 08:46:14 +0000

Dear Steve,

I have used PKH26 (Sigma Aldrich) to label platelets for both in vitro and in vivo (injected in mouse) experiments. It works well, the platelets are still functional and the signal is really bright (565 nm excitation) and lasts long time. They also have the green version, which I have not tried yet.

In vivo tracking of platelets: circulating degranulated platelets rapidly lose surface P-selectin but continue to circulate and function.
Michelson AD1, Barnard MR, Hechtman HB, MacGregor H, Connolly RJ, Loscalzo J, Valeri CR.

Best wishes,

Ana (Oxford University, Dpt. Oncology)