CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2005

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:41:41 -0800

Dear Marco,
The issues of phototoxicity and photobleaching usually force limiting
light exposure as much as possible when working with live cells. Why
would you choose a structured light imaging system that uses 3
exposures per image over a deconvolution system that uses a single
exposure?  the only advantage of structured light would be the speed
at which one obtains the final image.  However, you might be rapidly
obtaining sharp images of degrading samples.  There are many options
for employing deconvolution, which seems more appropriate for live
cells.   Fast computers and a little discipline in dataset size can
greatly reduce the time required for the final result.

Regards,
Glen

Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

******
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better", so I bought a Macintosh.
******