CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2010

From:
Adrian Negrean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2010 06:17:07 -0700
Hi all,

Does anybody know what are the specs for the new Olympus 25x 1.05 N.A.
objective or the Nikon 25x 1.1 N.A. objective ?

More specifically:

- What is the transmission of the objective up to 1400 nm ?
- From what I know all Olympus objectives are designed to be used with a 180
mm tube lens. Is this also for this Olympus objective ? Then the effective
focal length of the objective would be 7.2 mm.
- What is the Field Number of the objective ? Suppose this is 22 mm like for
the 20x 1.0 NA, is it correct then that the diameter of the image plane of
the sample for which the objective is designed is 22/25 mm=0.88 mm.
- What is the diameter of the back-aperture that has to be overfilled with
the laser beam to get the best PSF ? I intend to overfill it with a
truncation ratio of 1.
- What is the location of the paraxial lens equivalent of the objective
within the objective ?
- Is the thread type of this objective the same as for the 20x 1.0 N.A. ?

Did anybody work with these objectives so far ? What is your experience ?

Thanks!