CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

From:
Martin Kohler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 1994 16:59:00 +0200
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From:   Martin Kohler
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Stamatis Pagakis writes:

>If one doesn't want to spend much time in custom software and putting
>hardware together, is there any system out them that someone could
>recommend?  Something basic (for PC or Mac) like a filter wheel, shutter,
>a frame grabber and some image analysis software that could give ratios
>within areas of intertest. OMDR control would be useful as well.

I guess he is not talking about a confocal system, but a "conventional" imaging system for dual excitation measurements (like Fura-2 for calcium measurements).
  I want to recommend a "basic" system (for PC) with xenon lamp, chopper device, shutters and frame grabber from a company called Ionoptix. Therefore I recommend you call the following individual:

Douglas Tillotson
Ionoptix Corp.
44 Parkway Crescent
Milton, MA 02186  USA
Phone/fax: 617-696-7335

We got a sytem from him that is nice, but still not too expensive.

   / Martin Kohler