CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
"Cammer, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:17:01 +0000

Hi.

For many years we used Nunc Lab-Tek chambered coverglasses. They were great.

However, they recently began shipping a different design with the same product number. The chambers no longer fit in our microscope stages inserts. Also, the volume changed.
see http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcammer/sets/72157632984171809/

While we can adjust to the volume change, the plastic tab at the end of the chamber is a big problem.

I thought of having people cut the tab off before doing experiments, but this would produce a lot of plastic dust (and we'd have to buy a suitable saw or dremel).

Does anybody know of an alternative manufacturer or if the old style chambers are still available from somewhere?

Thanks!

Michael

Michael Cammer, Assistant Research Scientist
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine
Lab: (212) 263-3208  Cell: (914) 309-3270