CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
Joel Sheffield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:18:23 -0500

I'll throw one more possibility into the mix.  I used the ImageJ FFT
bandpass filter, set at a high value of 100, and a lower value of 0
to smooth out the background. --very impressive!.  I then set a
threshold, and ran a watershed algorithm. --ended up with about 1900
particles.  This seems higher than some have reported. I used a
cutoff of 10 pixels^2, and that may have included some small specks.
 Perhaps it is worth comparing.

Joel