CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2015

From:
Sripad Ram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2015 13:04:06 -0800

Hi Cosmin,
Check out the following papers that were published by Molecular probes.
They have some data on self-quenching. If I recall correctly, they show the
fluorescence intensity versus degree of labeling curve for  select Alexa
dyes.

J Histochem Cytochem. 1999 Sep;47(9):1179-88.
Alexa dyes, a series of new fluorescent dyes that yield exceptionally
bright, photostable conjugates.
Panchuk-Voloshina N1, Haugland RP, Bishop-Stewart J, Bhalgat MK, Millard
PJ, Mao F, Leung WY, Haugland RP.

J Histochem Cytochem. 2003 Dec;51(12):1699-712.
Quantitative comparison of long-wavelength Alexa Fluor dyes to Cy dyes:
fluorescence of the dyes and their bioconjugates.
Berlier JE1, Rothe A, Buller G, Bradford J, Gray DR, Filanoski BJ, Telford
WG, Yue S, Liu J, Cheung CY, Chang W, Hirsch JD, Beechem JM, Haugland RP,
Haugland RP.

Hope this info helps.

Sripad