CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2014

From:
Arvydas Matiukas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2014 08:45:09 -0500

Hi Jean-Pierre,

The cheapest solution may be to replace both monitors by new
identical ones. You can find 22" monitors below $90 each. It
would be very helpful if you tell the resolution of your original
21.3 inch displays.

My Core this year purchased several new microscopy and confocal
systems. They came with 24-30 inch HP or Dell monitors. HP ZR30W
is really good monitor and at 2560x1600 pixels resolution most likely
would replace the functionality of dual older monitors.

Best,
Arvydas
******************

Arvydas Matiukas, Ph.D.
Director of Confocal&Two-Photon Imaging Core Facility
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Syracuse, NY 13210
tel.: 315-464-7997
fax: 315-464-7712
>>> George McNamara  11/03/14 9:28 PM >>>

Hi Jean-Pierre,

HP ZR30W, 2560x1600 pixels, still available at amazon.com,
http://www.amazon.com/HP-ZR30w-30-inch-S-IPS-Monitor/dp/B003RBNMJA
$999 today.
so should also be on cdw.com or wherever else your purchasing / I.T.
buys computer stuff.

4K HD (4096x2160 pixels) ... prices keep coming down. If you need the
pixels, and.or need to impress VIPs, customers (oops: same thing), etc,
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PQ321Q-31-5-Inch-4K-Monitor/dp/B00DJ4BIKA
$1500 today

http://www.amazon.com/LG-31MU97-B-Digital-4096x2160-UltraWide/dp/B00OZ3VPLG
$1400